(July 14, 2022)
Altinity Stable for ClickHouse
Most recent releases organized by major release and release date:
- Fix for exponential time decaying window functions. Now respecting boundaries of the window #36944 by @excitoon (via #164)
- Fixes for objects removal in S3ObjectStorage #37882 by @excitoon (via #164)
- Fixed Unknown identifier (aggregate-function) exception #39762 by @quickhouse (via #189)
- Fixed point of origin for exponential decay window functions #39593 by @quickhouse (via #190)
- Reverted ‘Fix seeking while reading from encrypted disk’ https://github.com/ClickHouse/ClickHouse/pull/39687, known to cause issues in 22.3 (via #https://github.com/Altinity/ClickHouse/pull/193)
- Reverted: ‘Enable using constants from with and select in aggregate function parameters.’ https://github.com/ClickHouse/ClickHouse/pull/27531, causes problems on 22.3 (via #194)
- Improvement: Optimized processing of ORDER BY in window functions #34632 by @excitoon (via #164)
- Improvement: Support batch_delete capability for GCS #37659 by @frew (via #164)
- Build/Testing/Packaging Improvement: Allow Github workflows to run on Altinity’s infrastructure
pread_threadpool.’. #39800 (Anton Popov).
- ‘Fix seeking while reading from encrypted disk’. #39687 (Vitaly Baranov).
- ‘Fix bug with maxsplit in the splitByChar’. #39552 (filimonov).
- ‘Fix data race and possible heap-buffer-overflow in Avro format’. #39498 (Kruglov Pavel).
- ‘Fix incorrect postgresql query which fetches tables list’. #39283 (Kseniia Sumarokova).
- ‘Fix segfault in materialised postgresql’. #39272 (Kseniia Sumarokova).
- ‘removed default queue arguments’. #39259 (rnbondarenko).
- ‘Fix reading of sparse columns from s3’ #37978 via #39206 (robot-ch-test-poll).
- ‘Fix reading from s3 in some corner cases’ #38239. via #39206 (robot-ch-test-poll).
- ‘prewhere action should preserve sorting columns’. #39157 (Yakov Olkhovskiy).
- ‘Fix insert into MV with enabled extremes.’. #39125 (Nikolai Kochetov).
- ‘Fix for fs cache’. #39070 (Kseniia Sumarokova).
- ‘Remove logging from OvercommitTracker to avoid deadlocks’. #39030 (Dmitry Novik).
- ‘Fix reading of sparse columns from s3’. #37978 (Anton Popov).
- ‘Fix some issues with low cardinality and async reads from remote fs’. #36763 (Kseniia Sumarokova).
- ‘Fix performance regression of scalar query’. #35986 (Amos Bird).
- ‘Change mysql-odbc url’. #39702 (Mikhail f. Shiryaev).
- ‘Replace MemoryTrackerBlockerInThread to LockMemoryExceptionInThread’. #39619 (Nikolai Kochetov).
- ‘Add docker_server.py running to backport and release CIs’. #39011 (Mikhail f. Shiryaev).
- ‘Retry docker buildx commands with progressive sleep in between’. #38898 (Mikhail f. Shiryaev).
- Tested binaries: https://builds.altinity.cloud/
- Docker: https://hub.docker.com/r/altinity/clickhouse-server
- Brew: https://github.com/Altinity/homebrew-clickhouse
background_fetches_pool_sizeis set to 8. This is better for production usage with frequent small insertions or slow ZooKeeper clusters.
- Fixed the error ‘
Cannot find column in ActionsDAG result', which may happen if subquery uses
quantile(s)TDigestthat could produce non-accurate results in some edge cases: https://github.com/ClickHouse/ClickHouse/issues/22408
- Fixed a bug with accessing S3 buckets when the object URL contained ‘
+’ sign: https://github.com/clickHouse/clickHouse/pull/23822
Fixed a bug with distributed queries that could sometimes fail with ‘
Unknown packet n from server’ error message: https://github.com/ClickHouse/ClickHouse/issues/21588
Fixed several issues with mutations handling (e.g. https://github.com/ClickHouse/ClickHouse/issues/22013)
Fix a rare bug when quorum insert with i
insert_quorum_parallel=1is not really a “quorum” because of deduplication
Fixed a possible buffer overflow in token bloom filter index: https://github.com/ClickHouse/ClickHouse/issues/19233
Fixed a bug when nullable types sometimes could not be retrieved: https://github.com/ClickHouse/ClickHouse/issues/21116
Fixed a bug with replicated tables metadata not properly cleaned from the non-primary ZooKeeper instance: https://github.com/ClickHouse/ClickHouse/issues/21054
parseDateTimeBestEffortOrZeroto allow for empty values, while
parseDateTimeBestEffortwill not work with empty values. For example:
SELECT parseDateTimeBestEffort('') Query id: 1c60717e-116b-445f-b675-7b9cac35c262 0 rows in set. Elapsed: 0.003 sec. Received exception from server (version 21.11.1): Code: 41. DB::Exception: Received from localhost:9000. DB::Exception: Cannot read DateTime: neither Date nor Time was parsed successfully: While processing parseDateTimeBestEffort(''). (CANNOT_PARSE_DATETIME) SELECT parseDateTimeBestEffortOrZero('') Query id: 484baec9-6d00-4c66-a792-85a270d6f2f2 ┌─parseDateTimeBestEffortOrZero('')─┐ │ 1970-01-01 03:00:00 │ └───────────────────────────────────┘
- Deb packages: https://packagecloud.io/Altinity/altinity-stable
- RPM packages: https://packagecloud.io/Altinity/altinity-stable
- Docker image: altinity/clickhouse-server:184.108.40.206.altinity_stable
- Fixed a rare bug that may result in corrupted data when merging from wide to compact parts. We recommend upgrading to this release all 20.8 users who are using compact parts.
- Server startup time has been reduced by parsing metadata in parallel.
- Improved performance of primary key analysis for LowCardinality columns. That was a performance regression introduced in 20.3.
- Improved performance of queries with large tuples and tuples used in primary key.
- Fixed a bug that prevented attaching Materialized Views to system tables.
- Fixed incorrect behavior of
iffunction with NULLs.
- Fixed segfaults in rare cases.
- Fixed a bug that prevented predicate pushdown for queries using
SIGSEGVin Kafka engine when broker is unavailable.
- Fixed a bug leading to
block structure mismatcherror for queries with
- Fixed TTL processing logic to process all partitions in one run.
- Fixed a bug of parsing of row policies from configuration files that could result in missing policies sometimes.
- Fixed a bug with
ALTER TABLE UPDATEcould produce incorrect results when updating Nullable columns.
- Fixed a bug with codecs not working properly for MergeTree compact parts.
Changes from ClickHouse v220.127.116.11-LTS
Changes Compared to Community Build v18.104.22.168-lts:
Return to the top.
Changes between 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
The complete diff between Altinity and community versions can also be viewed at github:
Changes between ClickHouse Altinity Stable Release 188.8.131.52 and ClickHouse Altinity Stable Release 184.108.40.206
ClickHouse Altinity Stable packages for this release can be found at:
Return to the top.
Return to the top.
The release includes several dozen bug fixes from the previous release.
Major New Features
Updated RPM packages for Altinity Stable Release can be found in the Altinity Stable Repository. The ClickHouse repository can be used for DEB packages but check version numbers carefully.
Return to the top.
(October 11, 2021)
(June 24, 2021)
(March 24, 2021)
(December 2, 2020)
(June 24, 2020)
(January 20, 2020)
(November 28, 2019)
(September 3, 2019)
(December 31, 2018)